Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Brushing the Dust Off!

I can't believe I've neglected this blog for as long as I have. I'm committed to changing that. I want to connect with other school counselors and be a part of the wonderful PLN that is developing. Plus, this school year, I am going to begin the process of creating a comprehensive school counseling program at my school, and this blog is going to be my way of holding myself accountable. Stick around, it's going to be challenging, but so worth it!

First, though, I'm excited about the ASCA National Conference in Orlando! This will be my first time attending the national conference, and I am beyond excited. I can't wait to learn new things and network with amazing counselors across the country!! If you're going, let me know. I won't know ANYONE there and I'd love to meet up and have someone to venture into the parks with as I'm a HUGE DISNEY FAN!

To prepare for the conference, I've been doing some research. I've read blog posts about preparing from awesome counselors such as The Counseling Geek and Andrea Burston. I've also watched the School Counselor On Air Google Hangout on preparing for the conference. If you're going and haven't watched or read these yet, I highly recommend you do! I feel so much more prepared!

I'll post more once I get to the conference, but for now, I must pack!

Follow me on Twitter @ms_counselor02. Let me know if you're going to #ASCA14!

No comments:

Post a Comment